Today was full breakfast day with eggs florentine and bacon. Patries cooked the eggs in her a muffin tin, which she says is her favorite kitchen tool.
Next came my big dive! David was kind enough to take me down on a "check out " dive...just the two of us on a shallow dive of about 25 feet. I had never used a self inflating BCD, so I had to figure out which was the inflate and which was the deflate. No problems clearing. I was able to find neutral buoyancy quickly. David is a kind teacher and I felt safe with him, He pointed out an eagle ray, a baby grouper and some little critters. We came across an old lobster trap with a large angelfish who was trapped. David undid the wire slowly, cutting himself in the process. We were able to free the angelfish. She swam right out when we backed away. After the Dive, David said I could dive with the others on the next dive, which is a wall dive. Exciting! We have two more dives on Wednesday and Thursday. I am so glad I threw in my PADI card on a whim.
After our lunch of a rice lasagna, we sailed east to Ranguana Island. It is the perfect tropical island with green trees and white sand. Tomorrow we will be able to explore the island. Today we snorkeled around it. Thomas took six of us out to the reef and we snorkeled back to the boat. The water was very shallow and clear. Sightings: large parrot fish hiding in a hole, a school of needle fish, two large starfish, a small trunk fish and many of the assorted tropical regulars. As we swam back to the boat, we stopped at a Belizean fishing boat where rays were congregating underneath as the fishermen cleaned their fish. We saw three eagle rays - the brown spotted ones, and many plain rays with long barbs. It was a bit unnerving as we were in about five feet of water and the rays would swim under you, which was pretty close.
We had a good Boat Drink today - a piƱa colada. Tomorrow we are having Painkillers, which we had at the Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke, where the Painkiller was invented.
For dinner tonight Patries made roasted vegetables, chicken with lime butter sauce and cous cous. The excellent meal was followed by a mini lava cake.
Rick, Bruce and I went on the top deck and did some star gazing. Fun for me! We were moored near the other Tradewinds boat and we have been planning on a Pirating move. We want to swap our broken fishing reel for their good one. Well, as the three of us were chatting about how to get to their boat quietly, Bruce suggested the paddle board. We looked over and it was gone. Restless Spirit had beaten us to the punch! Revenge is being plotted!!


No comments:
Post a Comment