Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

On Ticketmaster, Ruth had purchased tickets for the Beach Volleyball Semi Finals of the Pan American Games. The games began at 1:00 on a VERY hot day. We sat in that intense sun in the metal stands...wow...so hot. Every 20 minutes or so you would hear a siren. The firemen would then start squirting the crowd with a big fire hose. It was really funny...I would hide my purse, we would remove our glasses and then turn to the hose to get nice and wet. We left soaking wet!


 We watched three matches. Mens: Brazil vs Domincan Republic and Mexico vs. Canada. Womens: Brazil vs Canada. We predicted that both Brazilian teams would win. I am sure the finals were CRAZY with Mexico playing!!

After the games, we walked to the Malecon and had an early dinner at Melissa's. Great tortilla soup!

Back at Ocho Cascadas that night we had an intense thunder storm. We watched the lightening and sheets of rain by candle light. I had been hoping for a big rain while we were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment